Enjoy the breathtaking views of Visakhapatnam (Vizag) from Kailasagiri ropeway to Kailasagiri Hilltop Park spread over 380 acres.
- Take a 375 metre ropeway ride and get a bird’s-eye view of Visakhapatnam and enjoy the scenic beauty of flora and tropical trees.
- A 4 minutes ropeway ride takes you to the top of the Kailasagiri Hilltop Park situated at an altitude of 360 feet.
- Explore the park and its many attractions including the 40 feet tall statue of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi, Titanic viewpoint, floral clock with a diameter of 10 feet, and many more.
The hill park has been developed by Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority (VMRDA). Kailasagiri is located on a picturesque hill with enchanting panoramic sea view on the East Coast. It derives its name from the magnificent 40 feet tall statue of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi depicting their abode.
Kailasagiri hilltop ropeway is the first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh as well as in coastal India. The ropeway ride is one of the main attractions at Kailasagiri. There are lots of other attractions for you to explore: Shanti Ashram for you to put your mind and body to peace by meditating, a number of amazing view points all around the hilltop including Titanic viewpoint, toy train gives a circular tour of the park, floral clock, jungle trails, Shanku Chakra Nama, a capsule lift to thrill you with the view of the beauty of blue seawaters and the city along with stunning beauties of the hilltop from further heights, and many more.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (closed during lunch break)
8:00 p.m. (from hilltop ropeway station)
Cafes/restaurants at Kailasagiri are managed by third-parties.
Drinking water stations at Kailasagiri are managed by third-parties.
Separate toilets for men and women at Kailasagiri are managed by third-parties.
Paid parking for 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler at Kailasagiri is managed by third-parties.
Shops at Kailasagiri are managed by third-parties.
19 km from Visakhapatnam International Airport
13 km from Visakhapatnam Railway Station
13 km from Visakhapatnam Bus Station
9 km from INS Kurusura Submarine Museum
- No ticket for child below 4 years.
- This is not recommended for pregnant women and those with walking disabilities or visitors who will need use of a wheelchair.
- Do not stand inside the cabin/gondola while in motion.
- Do not smoke inside the cabin/gondola.
- No eatables or beverages are allowed inside the cabin/gondola.
- Do not lean out any body part from the cabin/gondola.
- Do not try to force open the cabin/gondola door.
- In an emergency, open the emergency door on the floor of the cabin/gondola, drop the safety rope kept under the seat, don't panic, and wait for assistance.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Return ticket to Kailasagiri ropeway.
- Priority pass. Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Entrance fee for Kailasagiri Park and other activities/events in the park.
- Food and beverages.